Today has not been the best of days.
I am tired after staying out late last night, riddled with ‘man flu’ and really hungry after forgetting both my lunch and wallet today. To top all of this off I accidentally said something questionable to a client today.
You see, I got tongue tied during our goodbyes and instead of saying “cheers” or “thanks” during our handshake I made a noise that was a combination of both. It sounded like I was saying “chinks”. I am not 100% sure if he heard me but I am certain that he did! I am now worried that he thinks I am a racist or something!
Anyways, I awkwardly scuttle back to my desk, log on to WordPress and notice that I have been nominated for a blog award. Instantly my day has brightened up!
It would seem that the wonderful Dating in Las Vegas has nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award.
The Liebster Blog Award.
The rules for the Liebster Award are very simple: You are required to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so that new bloggers can see how awesome they are!
So, first are foremost. I would like extend a big thank you to Dating In Las Vegas for the nomination. If you ever find yourself over on these shores and in need of a cup of tea then all you need to do is ask. You guys should all check out her blog. It’s a really good read packed with great stories and plenty of tips for those of you who are in the dating world.
My 11 Answers:
1. Why did you start your blog? – I have a friend who I see about every 6 months or so. Whenever we catch up I always have awkward stories for him. He said I should write them down as they happen and document them somewhere, so I did.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? – When I grow up I want to be a real grown up. With a real beard and everything! Failing that, Spiderman.
3. Who do you consider your role model? – Maybe Danny Wallace. I love his books and, for a weird geeky bloke, seems to have done very well for himself. If I wind up anything like him then I’ll know that I have done well in life.
4. What’s your favourite colour? – Red. I do not look good in red though.
5. What’s your favourite movie? – Star Wars.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve? – Poor spelling and grammar. Whilst some may call me a Grammar Nazi, all I will say in response is: “Grammar: the difference between your shit and knowing you’re shit!”.
7. If you could have three wishes, what would they be? – (i) Financial security (and the freedom that this allows). (ii) To have the ability to keep my inner monologue silent. (iii) To be able to walk around (not literally, of course) my autistic brother Mason’s head for a day.
8. What’s your favourite song? – Oh this changes almost daily. As I am off to see The Courteeners on Monday night, it is currently ‘Not Nineteen Forever’ by The Courteeners.
9. What did you dream about last? – Memory is a little vague here but it had something to with playing football and not being able to run fast enough to catch the ball. That’s all I can recall.
10. Is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit? Explain? (um I’m kinda running out of ideas) – It is a fruit. Wikipedia says it’s a fruit so I am going with that. We all know that Wikipedia is a reliable source right? I know a Wikipedia page did once say that I invented the remix but I am sure that was a one off.
11. If you were an animal, what would you be? – Probably a tortoise, that way I can retreat into my shell when awkward moments occur. This would also mean that I would win races against hare’s too. Always a bonus.
Blogs I am Nominating:
Sociopathicuttlefish – Great blog! This guy covers a variety of topics. All of which are engaging, interesting and hilarious in equal measure!
Awkward Charm – She is my female equivalent. I can relate (sort of) to most of her stories.
Nerd, Nerd, Geek! – Great writer who is yet to post a tale that has not made me laugh.
Currentlynaive – Honest and wears her heart on her sleeve. Her style of writing and range of vocabulary truly amaze me.
A Dad’s Guide to Growing a Nerd – Reading this is like looking at myself in 15 years time!
Can I get Your Number? – Dating in the modern world made fun by a guy and a girl across the pond. Also, the guy on this talks about playing FIFA so he gets a like from me instantly!
Hermatigeno8 – She is one very talented writer who also gives great advice via comments on my blog.
Sociallyoxward – these 2 ‘robots’ never fail to make me smile.
Sunny Days in DC – I love her views on the world and the fact that she seemingly does not give a fuck! Very cool.
Diary of a Plain, Awkward Girl – Lives a life that I can well and truly relate to.
LynetteDartyCross – My interpretation is that she use’s her blog to prevent others from repeating mistakes she made in life. I love that.
My 11 Questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. Honestly, how many other blogs do you read regularly?
3. Presently, what do you do for a living?
4. What is your dream career?
5. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose?
6. When was the last time you tried something new, and what did you do?
7. What is your favourite film of all time?
8. You can punch one celebrity in face without reprisal . Who would it be?
9. If you could go 10 years into the future and ask yourself one question only, what would it be?
10. How much money would it take for you to kill a puppy with a sledgehammer?
11. What is your favourite swear word?
Congratulations to those nominated. I look forward to reading your answers and advise everyone else out there to check all the mentioned blogs out. You’ll love them.
I would say goodbye now but I have already botched one of those already today!